Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Getting a New Companion!

(In the following letter you'll hear about a Tyler Gardner. I received a sweet email yesterday, through this blog, from his mom. Her son, Tyler, was flying into Mexico City that morning and will be serving in the same mission as Chase. Yesterday was P-Day so I mentioned this to Chase in my weekly letter.)


Hola!

OK, I will start with answering the questions...

1. Saying goodbye to my mission father was weird. He is one of my best friends. I didn´t cry...ok, well I almost did...but it felt like a dream. Like a brother just walked out of my life. To this day I still feel like I am going to arrive in the apartment and see him there waiting. I feel like he is still my companion. But I am getting over it. All is well and I am so excited to receive my companion tomorrow! Who knows, maybe it is Tyler Gardner!

2. My companions right now are Elder Long and Ramirez. They are in my district so they are people that I have known. Things are going great. Working in a trio is a bit difficult, but I am having a blast serving the Lord with them. Both are very awesome...Mom, I am sure that you would love both of these missionaries to death if they were in Mesa. They are the sort of people that you like to be around.

3. I am in a trio because I do not have a companion. I will receive him tomorrow. Until then, I am with the two other elders.

4. The new president is great. He is Latino, but knows a lot of English. He is very firm in the faith and one of the nicest people you can meet. When I first saw him, I felt an incredible sense of peace that assured me that this man was going to bless my life.

5. Yes I attended the mission broadcast. AND I AM SO EXCITED TO USE THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!! The second coming is really close!!! Because of this, every nation will be introduced to the gospel very quickly. We will begin this new program maybe at the end of this year.

6. Thank you for the camera. I should have told you this, but I could have gotten a camera very, very cheap here. Sorry. That should have been mentioned. But thank you, and yes I know where my memory card is...it is secretly hidden! Don´t tell anyone! ;)

The story about the puzzle was so funny. I can just imagine the pieces being destroyed. It was very funny and I agree with the significance behind it and how it relates to our family.

PEOPLE

Leonor: I am a bit worried. I don´t think she understands the importance of this. She isn´t doing much. I am staying here in Zaragoza for the next cycle, so I plan to surround her with members so that they can support her.

Junue: Still doing great. We visited her parents, and her mom is Jehovah Witness. By the way, this religion is immensely common here. I plan to baptize both of these very kind people. :)

Luis Valverde: Doing well. We have a Noche de Hogar with him tonight.

Romero Family: Not sure if you remember this family. The mother of the home said she did not want us to come anymore. They are less active. Well, the Ward Council had a spectacular idea. They had ward members, and us as well, go and visit less actives and recent converts and give them cookies and a Liahona. Me and Lalo (a priest from Mixiuhca; he was my companion for a few hours) visited the Romero family and watched the face of this same sister light up when she saw that we brought cookies and the magazine. She invited us over on Wednesday. I hope that we will find success here.

FOOD

Oh boy! I have had quite the menu. 2 items of food that was quite weird. One is a type of bug, and it looks like a grasshopper. It is covered in flavoring and stuff, and there are many. I tried one of these bugs...I enjoyed it! I also had a taco, and Alan (member of the bishopric, loves to pull pranks and joke all the time) later told me that it was meat from a bull´s...well...certain body part. I will be honest, that wasn´t half bad either. I wouldn´t recommend putting the part about the bull on the blog! Probably isn´t appropriate. (But it sure is funny... therefore, it's on the blog!)

STORY

Alan loves to joke around. When he took us out for tacos, he introduced us to a friend of his! I thought, "Yes! We can teach and baptize him!" We started talking to him.

This man asked us something about how many wives we are able to marry. I was a little stunned at the question. He said that Alan, THE MEMBER OF THE BISHOPRIC, told him that we can marry multiple women. I thought in my head something like, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I was so shocked that Alan did this. The man continued to ask questions, and with time, I leaned over to my companion and told him something like "ESTO ES UN CHISTE" (this is a joke). And with time, we found out that the man is a member, and it was a joke from Alan to stress out the missionaries...and it worked. But it was very funny! And I love Alan to death.

I am finding more and more joy every day. I realized something. Sometimes I feel like I'm not progressing as much as I should. But if I look back, like Mom mentioned in my letter, I can see how much I have progressed. I am not perfect at getting up at time, but I don't get up at 11:00 a.m. like before my mission. I have progressed. 6:30 a.m. is easier and easier, and even a desirable time to wake up. I am more organized, and all I want to do is spend the rest of my life making my family and others happy for eternity. The mission changes lives. AND ONCE AGAIN, I URGE EVERY YOUNG MAN, AND WOMAN, IF POSSBILE, TO SERVE A MISSION AND EXPERIENCE THIS CHANGE. I cannot describe my feelings. I am filled with joy!

I hope all of you are happy and well. I have learned something recently. If you want to be happy, do it. FOR ALL OF YOU WHO STRUGGLE WITH SINS OR WITH WEAKNESSES, I URGE YOU ALL TO DO SOMETHING THAT I HAVE FOUND AMAZING...START OVER. JUST DO IT. RIGHT NOW. FORGET THE PAST AND GO FORWARD LIKE TODAY IS THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. I promise that it can be.

I hope Tyler Gardner´s transition into the field is filled with joy, and I am sure I will meet him tomorrow.

God be with you all until we meet again.

DIOS VIVE

Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment