Tuesday, September 3, 2013

3 New Members!

¡Hola!

Okay, there are a lot of things to talk about. I will begin with answering the questions. 


1. The apartment is huge. It is the biggest that I have seen so far, I think. We are on the very top floor of a building. When I walk out, I see clothes hanging out to dry, and a massive city in front of me. We have access to the roof, and we can see much of Mexico City. I am not in a village area. I am still in a MAJOR section of the city. From the roof, I see thousands of houses. Thousands and thousands and thousands of houses. I see mountains (Do you remember that picture of Christ when he comes to the Americas? Look at the green mountains in the background, and that is what the mountains look like from my apartment. It makes sense, because the Nephites were here!). The mountains are not huge. There are many houses on these mountains. In the morning, I almost here a slight grinding noise from a nearby TORTILLERÍA (tortilla shop). I hear music blasting from my neighbor's house, who are almost constantly drinking (we are also teaching them the gospel). I hear my companion's music in the apartment playing. I hear cars. I hear business. We have a great view and can see a great amount of the city from where we live. Yes, we have access to a Wal-Mart.

2. My companion is from EL ESTADO DE DURANGO (The State of Durango). We are getting along great. I love that he is so patient. He is one of the most patient people I have ever met.

3. I have not gotten the package. I think that I can get a thumb drive. Don't worry, I will figure everything out. It is normal for the mail to be delayed.

4. The most surprising thing about the mission is how we don't have to be perfect here. After being around missionaries for 8 months, I know that they are certainly not perfect, and neither am I. But the mission changes people. It is incredible. There are elders who have been less active almost all their lives, and now are stellar and powerful men of God. I met a missionary that is a member as of about 1 year and a half. And he is a hard worker and extremely spiritual man. The mission changes people. It has changed me. 


5. I do not know why the temple will be closed.

The members are very helpful, and I have many new friends. 

We had 3 baptisms on Saturday (Yes!). One is named Sandra. She is from Olivos. She was so prepared. We taught her in less than a week and then baptized her. The other two are Danilo (9 years old) and his mother Alejandra. They are from Laureles and are doing great.

I am happy and doing very well. I am trying very hard. I am sorry again but there simply isn't time. I love you all. I will try and write you all. I know that some of you are waiting for me. Sorry!

DIOS VIVE

Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment