Monday, September 30, 2013

More Baptisms!

¡Hola!

ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS

1. I am picking up the memory card in about 50 minutes. I have pictures from my companion's camera.

2. The floods have not touched us. They are mainly in the state of Guerrero, which was devastated by hurricanes. There are a lot of people trying to help the people there.

HIGHLIGHTS

Transfers are tomorrow! But my companion and I will not be transferred. We will remain the same, and stay here in Laureles.

I ate some weird food. I had frog legs with the Bishop of the Olivos ward. (It wasn't like green slimy legs in a bowl...rather, it was basically a chicken leg and bone, but smaller. And it tasted like chicken.)

I want you all to know something...I have had one of the most incredible weeks of my life. I worked very hard, and continue to do so. God has taught me about how to help other people be happy, how to cheer them up and make them smile. We are going forth and working hard. This gospel is so real and I love it.

I am in a trio right now. It is only for a few days because the companion of the third elder in our trio, Elder Brown, had special transfers. So Elder Brown does not have a companion. He is with us. And yes, he is a gringo. He is from Salt Lake, and is an incredible Elder. He and I have become great friends.

PEOPLE

Rocio and Carlos were baptized yesterday! I baptized Rocio and my companion baptized Carlos. They are incredible people and I have a lot of confidence that they will remain firm in the gospel. Look them up on Facebook mom and dad!

My companion is doing great. He struggles a little with pronouncing the "th" in English. Sometimes, as we are walking, I will randomly start rolling my Rs in order to practice. Almost immediately after, Elder Somerville will start practicing the "th". It is actually so funny. Just all of a sudden, I roll an R, and he says TTHHHH...! I love Elder Somerville. He is a great missionary and loves to work hard.

MEXICO

Taxis are extremely common here, and we use them often. I love Mexico and the language.

Mom and Dad! I love you so much! Thank you for all that you do. I am glad that you are adjusting well to the new ward. And mom, your callings in teaching the youth are perfect for you. Girls Camp helped you prepare for such callings. Dad, I love you and am glad that you continue to move forward. I have some questions for you both.

1. Mom, how do you feel about school? Are you going to study Spanish?

2. Dad, how is it so far in High Priests?

3. Here in Mexico, we use the phrase UN BUEN to say A LOT. Did you two ever
use this phrase?

Tessie! I love you so much! I want you to come here so the people here can see you... because you are so cute...just so cute.

And I heard a song playing in a shop one day...Trey and Ben, do you know which it was? It was....Mamamamamamama Mad Mad Mad. Mamamamamamama Mad Mad Mad. Madness!

I love you all. Be strong. Stand ye in holy places, and be not moved.

I know this Gospel is true and will love it forever.

DIOS VIVE

Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment